Top 20 books on psychology.
Looking for good psychology books? This is my list of the best psychology books of all-time.
This will help you to:
- Understand how our brain works.
- Make better decisions.
- Read people’s body language.
- Think more clearly.
- Improve your memory.
- Adopt good habits.
- Influence people.
- Make friends and strong connections with people.
- Become more persuasive.
- Become more productive.
1. PREDICTABLY IRRATIONAL –By Dan Ariely
This book challenges the common misconception that we naturally act in very rational ways. Ariely explains that all the decisions we make are systematic and predictable.
2. THINKING FAST AND SLOW –by Daniel Kahneman
This book explains in detail the two systems that control how we think and act. System 1 – Thinking Fast System 2 – Thinking slow
3. THE PSYCHOLOGY INFLUENCE OF PERSUASION –By Robert Cialdini
This book explains exactly what makes people say the word “Yes”, and how can apply this understanding to any situation in your life.
There are 6 principles involved in any type of persuasion, and this book teaches them all.
4. BLINK–by Malcolm Gladwell
This book explains how our brains often make split-second decisions without truly thinking about them.
Awesome read for anyone looking to improve decision-making skills, and learn more about the science behind making these decisions.
5. SWITCH: HOW TO CHANGE THINGS WHEN CHANGE IS HARD –By Chip Heath & Dan Heath
This book is on the confliction between the different systems in our brain.
- Emotional mind
- Rational mind
Both of which constantly compete with each other in everything we do.
6. STUMBLING ON HAPPINESS –By Daniel Gilbert
You’ll find some incredible insights on human’s abilities to predict the future, as well as whether or not we’re able to confidently predict whether we’ll like it or not once we get there.
Imagination, illusion and misconception are the core topics.
7. EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE –By Daniel Goleman
This book explains why emotional intelligence is important not just in your relationship but within your career and your own physical and mental health.
8. THE HAPPINESS HYPOTHESIS –By Jonathan Haidt
“Do unto others as you would have others do unto you”, or “ what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger” – can enrich even transform our lives.
9. THE POWER OF HABIT –By Charles Duhigg
This book goes into deep detail on the science behind habits, and why they exist. Also explains the major steps to changing your habits for the better.
10. THE PARADOX OF CHOICE: WHY MORE IS LESS –By Barry Schwartz
Now everyday decisions have become much more complex. As a result, people take more time to make up mind. We’re wasting time.
This book takes a look behind the science of choice, and why more choice is not always a good thing.
11. HOW TO WIN FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE –By Dale Carnegie
It covers the fundamental principles in dealing with people, making them like you, influencing them and winning them over. A classic masterpiece!
12. OUTLIERS –By Malcolm Gladwell
Gladwell developed “10000-hour rule” on how one achieves a high level of success. Whether you’re musician, athlete or anything. If you want to become world-class at it, this book is for you.
13. QUIET –By Susan Cain
Cain argues that modern culture misunderstands and undervalues the traits and capabilities of introverted people, leading to “a colossal waste of talent, energy, and happiness.
14. HOW THE MIND WORKS –By Steven Pinker
The human mind’s poorly understood functions. It covers subjects as vision, emotion, feminism, the meaning of life.
15. UNLIMITED MEMORY –By Kevin Horsley
This book will teach you how to improve your memory significantly, work ethic, reliability and success in whatever you do.
16. BRAIN RULES –By John Medina
This book consists of 12 chapters which try to demonstrate how our brain works.
17. FLOW: THE PSYCHOLOGY OF OPTIMAL EXPERIENCE –By Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
I recommend Flow to anyone who wants to achieve the peak of life –at work and elsewhere.
18. PSYCHO CYBERNETICS –By Maxwell Maltz
The idea behind this book is that before we can start achieving all our goals, we first have to develop a perception of the outcomes we expect to reach.
Through this philosophy, we can start succeeding in multiple areas of your life.
19. WHATEVER BODY IS SAYING –By Joe Navarro
This book explains very interesting bodily behaviours which you should be able to apply to your advantage when in real-life situations with people.
20. NUDGE –By Richard Thaler and Cass Sunstein
Very straight book covering choices and decisions.
You can learn to make better decisions towards your health, wealth and happiness.
Thanks for reading, this was my top 20 books on psychology.
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/mindset_of_rich/
YouTube – https://bit.ly/mindsetofrichYouTube
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/mindsetofrich.mr
Pinterest – https://in.pinterest.com/mindsetofri
Tik Tok – https://www.tiktok.com/@mindsetofrich